Author : Dr. Anita Mathur
When we pray from the deep core of our heart or we help someone selflessly, we get connected to the superpower, may be for a millisecond. This connection creates a seed which sprouts into our wish fulfillment and a lot of peace within. The secret is that when we get connected to the supreme power, then only we get in touch with ourselves.
The person whom we carry with ourselves as “Me” is not the real Me. The day-to-day “Me” is the one who is swayed away by negative thoughts, feels an urge to be angry or feels hurt and who is vulnerable to tiredness and disease. But the one, who controls negative thoughts, overcomes negative emotions and is beyond sickness and fatigue is the real “Me”. This “Me” is part of the supreme power and when we feel blessed, this real “Me” is actually the connecting point through which blessings reach us.
It goes without saying that those who generally tend to react and get easily hurt or angry have to face a lot of struggle in life. On the other hand, there are many advantages of being connected.
Advantages of Being Connected:
- When we are in touch with self, we save ourselves from taking such decisions which ultimately lead to problems.
- By being in touch with self and the cosmic power, we generate unlimited energy for ourselves and can do a lot of hard work.
- When we are disturbed, we can simply be with ourselves for sometime and we are comfortable. We do not need to react or to share our problems with others to feel lighter. Reacting or sharing problems with a disturbed mind can increase our problems if the listener is not highly mature.
Right decisions combined with an ability to work hard and to maintain peace within can lead to tremendous success in life.
A healthy life style which also includes prayer, selfless service and/or meditation help us in opening our antennas and by way of giving us mastery over mind and body, help us in attaining the connectivity to be close to the blessings.* However, to be blessed, to let God give right direction to our life, the first step is to master our mind and body and to have faith in the creator. Swami Vivekanand wrote a poem which gives us an insight into how our creator helps us in mastering our mind and brings us closer to the real Empowered “I”:
When I Asked God for Strength
He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face
When I Asked God for Brain n Brown
He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve
When I Asked God for Happiness
He Showed Me Some Unhappy People
When I Asked God for Wealth
He Showed Me How to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Favors
He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard
When I Asked God for Peace
He Showed Me How to Help Others
God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted
He Gave Me Everything I Needed
Try these to be closer to the Blessings
- Do not respond spontaneously to anyone. Take a few seconds and observe what is happening to you. Are you tired, worried o under pressure of time? Relax yourself and observe the other person also.
Then form such a response which increases the comfort level of both. At times, silence may be more effective than words.
Don’t worry about the emergencies. Our internal system is capable enough to give us the right words and right speed of action at the time of emergency.
- Pray for peace in the world, in your country, in your family and within yourself at 8.00 P.M. daily or half an hour before dinner. Do not watch TV, do not read newspaper and do not eat spicy, non vegetarian or fast food half an hour before and half an hour after the prayer. If possible, maintain silence during this holy one hour which you have set for yourself.
*We would talk in greater detail about lifestyle preparing us to be connected and about simple meditation in the coming issues. For advance meditation, direct guidance of a spiritual teacher is a must.